[TYPO3-doc] Documenting TypoScript constants (and more)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 24 17:51:01 CET 2009

Hi all,

> During yesterday's Bug Day a nice new feature was committed to TYPO3
> Trunk making it possible to define custom subcategories for TypoScript
> constants and extension configuration options. While trying to find a
> place where to document this feature I realised that TypoScript constant
> were very poorly documented:

I just discovered (believe it or not) a document called
doc_core_tstemplates [1] which covers constants and such. Actually it
seems much of what I wanted to add could/should go there. This document
seems to be really old and could do both with a brush-up and enhancements.

OTOH it's terrible to see that things related to TS are spread over so
many documents:

- doc_core_tsref
- doc_core_tsconfig
- doc_core_ts
- doc_core_tstemplates
- doc_core_tsbyex

with nearly none of them pointing to each other when appropriate... No
wonder beginners go crazy :-)

This really feels like what happens at home: you start cleaning up a
small part and end up thinking that the whole home needs to be cleaned
;-) Anyway I'll try to keep making progress on that topic.

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tstemplates/0.0.1/view/toc/0/