[TYPO3-doc] Documenting TypoScript constants (and more)

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Mar 1 09:18:25 CET 2009

Hi Francois,

great that you care for the doc of the constant editor configuration (I
once searched exactly that and found nothing clearly explained so I just
went to Google and looked somewhere aside the official docs).

Some remarks:

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi all,

> a) place them in doc_core_ts, even though this document is about general
> TS stuff and constant cannot be used in TSconfig. I think this is ok,
> since this is already for conditions (described in doc_core_ts, but not
> usable in TSconfig). This new part of documentation would include all
> the information about constants categorisation/constant editor.

makes sense as constants and their categorization are more a concept
than an option, but we have to take care that it's really clear that
those cannot be used in TSconfig (users get confused often enough by
where to put certain options).

> b) remove the part about constants from doc_core_tsref and just point to
> doc_core_ts.

As the TSref is THE documentation about template TS this is the first
place I would look at. So we should still have a chapter about
constants, perhaps with a short intro and then pointing to TSconfig (the
chapter is important to me because of the link in the table of contents).

> d) as an aside to this, add a chapter in doc_core_ts about static
> templates inclusions, which are possible for both template TS and TSconfig

Template inclusion in whole is a bit "underdocumented" IIRC. Perhaps we
should make a whole chapter about template inclusion in general (what
are ext templates, what static templates, what basic templates etc.).
What do you think?

> e) add a better explanation of all the template TS tools available in
> Web > Template, but this would probably rather go to TSRef, since it is
> only for template TS.

Good idea. Perhaps as first chapter after the introduction (or as
addition to the introduction, I just read what is written there and let
me say... yeah, hell of an intro... (</sarcasm>))

> Does that make sense?
Yes ;)

Regards,

Susanne