[TYPO3-doc] Documenting TypoScript constants (and more)

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2008 at martinholtz.de
Tue Apr 7 10:15:09 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,

> So that it would work similar to PHP manual?
>
> Also, if its within Typo3, any changes to code & documentation could be
> committed at the same time, and not require a "pending documentation"
> page on the wiki.
>
> +1 for the idea. But who's going to implement it? Its a hefty task.

really, i am not sure with that.

What should have be done?
- thinking about an structure of the pagetree
  /tsref/4.3/Nl/stdWrap/ etc.
- write an content element for structured reference
- create some editor accounts
- import existing docs
- export to sxw (that would be the most difficult task, i think?)
- export only reference
- nice to have: import f.e. snippets from snippets.typo3.org

Steffen Kamper did some steps into that direction:
http://documentation.typo3.org/documentation/tsref/

- comments integrated
- ratings integrated

I think it could be done... but there is the typo3 reorganisation ... do
not know what they think about that.

But it was said, that the core-devs want to use DocBook and not an Wiki
or TYPO3 itself.

In my eyes it would be nice to use TYPO3 for such an task, because it
would become easier to help improving the docs for non-core developers.
Even translations would be easier.

I would be interested in doing such task, but only if it will be used.

regards,
martin
--
Martin Holtz - elemente websolutions http://www.elemente-websolutions.ms