[TYPO3-doc] possibly deprecated elements - should TSRef be updated?

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Thu Jun 26 21:35:13 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

while writing that 45 minutes tutorial I stumbled upon some typoscript
functions I had never seen before. I googled them and some where really
outdated, mainly textStyle (generates <font>(!!)Tags), tableStyle und
addParams (the function "addParams" in opposite to the parameter
"addParams", they seem in fact to be different).

So my question is: Are these officially deprecated? If not, shouldn't
they be? If so, should TSRef not be updated to reflect that?

Perhaps there are some ingenious things one can do with these functions
that I have overlooked, then please show me.

Best regards,

Susanne