[TYPO3-doc] documentation format vision (wiki vs OOo)

Jakub Tesinsky j at kub.cz
Fri Mar 9 00:52:26 CET 2007

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your kind respond. Hopefully you can clarify some of the
things I do not understand. For example there is this point:

 > * next: export from whole wiki-page or partly into OO, DocBook, Creole
 > (=wiki exchange-format), simple text for putting stuff in newsgroup

Why do we need to export wiki to OO at all? I think that it is important
to ask this BEFORE one starts to write such tools. What is the role of
the wiki in the whole documentation project? What is the role of OO
documents? What is it and more importantly: what we want it to be in the
future?

I am not against helping in some way, but I would like to really see WHY
some things are done first. It is surely possible that I did not
understand the typo3 movement correctly and there are good reasons to do
what is currently beeing done. In fact it qould not suprise me at all if
  I simply overlooked something. But from all I know it seems to me
right now, that there is not clear vision about the development of
documentation now. And again: I do not mean it to upset anyone, it is
just observation and if there is a nonzero probability that i am right,
than it's better to talk about it.

Jakub