[TYPO3-doc] proposal: TS prevention of ambiguous namings

Sun Mar 12 15:19:30 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> Matthew Manderson schrieb:
>
>>temp.navright = HMENU
>>temp.navright.special = list
>>temp.navright.special.value = 73,233,96,98,235
>>

> "node." "leaf" = CLASS
> "node." "node." "leaf" = function or property
> "node." "node." "node." "leaf" = property

function is wrong. Functions are not defined like objects. They are
simply available in a context and are discovered by the nodes name.

"node." "leaf" = CLASS
"node." "node." "leaf" = property
"node." "node." "node." "leaf" = property

So it's rather a property here, but it has the nature of a function or
class. What really happens is allways determind by the underlying PHP
and TS is only a way to provide some values to it.

When we speak of classes, funtions or properties we only use
theoretical models to describe the underlying PHP a little better. In
reality TS does only set an PHP array, not more and php does what it
likes with it.

Regards

Elmar