[TYPO3-doc] Reference of Typo Script

Sun Mar 12 14:37:11 CET 2006

> I agree that having more examples would probably be helpful to all, but
> *not* in TSref.  As stated above it is a reference manual, so links or a
> more "Essential reading and resources" section in TSref that lists other
> places and literature to find information would be acceptable, I think
> the majority of users - myself included - would find a new TSref full of
> basic examples very frustrating to use and rather unwieldily! The last
> thing I want to have to do is wade through an extra 100 pages in TSref
> because newbies can't look up how to build a menu from the numerous posts.

I am still a friend of user comments under each webpage.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.print.php

They help me a lot and they are directly in the context of the reference.

Old typo3.org had this feature, but it was unfortunatly not used so
often as on php.net.

We could also learn from php.net function search and simple function
pathes:

http://php.net/print

Editors like emacs make direct usage of it for context sensitive
function documentation.

Example for datatype getText:

http://typo3.org/ts/datatype/gettext

maybe simple: