[TYPO3-doc] Reference of Typo Script

Peter legine at gmx.de
Sat Mar 11 14:25:36 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> Peter schrieb:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I do not like the reference offered in the typo3 documentation section.
>>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/toc/0/
>>
>>I would like to start an alternate on the wiki similar to the html
>>Refernce of selfhtml.org.
>>
>>I am asking because I do not want to start f there is a exelent
>>reference around. And I would like to know if I there is anyone that is
>>willing to help since I only have 4 days of experience with typoscript :D
>>
>>Thanks
>>Peter
>

> The reference is a heavy load of work. I remember that TSref was
> frustrating for me as beginner. Yes it can be improved. Some terms are
> not precise enough or even ambiguous. But I have doubts that a
> beginner can improve this points.
>
> Then improvement really means improvement, not to double or rewrite
> it. That would be a waste of time. Time that could be better invested.
>
> TSref is an XML document. So you can transform it with
> XML-Transformers to other output formats, i.e. looking like selfhtml.
> One source, differnt media.
>
> But complete rewrite by a beginner looks very unrealistic for me and
> not very usefull.
>
> There are a lot of corners in the whole project that really lack for
> documentation.
>
> Just my opinion.
>
> Regards
>
> Elmar

Hi Elmar,

Hehe.
I think you missunderstand me. I do not plan to work alone. What I want is
simply to get things up and running. If that is meaning to start copy and paste
for starters, well, I do not see a reason why I should not start it.
A copy and Paste to the wiki is in my eyes an improvement :D

Can you wiki a XML File? - I think not.
If it would save me the C&P work let me know. I am fond of learning new things ;)

So to get everything right. I want:
- Get other people to contribute, at least a sentence of usefull improvement.
- Get a easy to improve Reference by everyone.
- Present the information around Typoscript as easy as Possible so even someones
Grandpa can follow. (And I admit that is impossible, but that makes the fun of
it doesn't it? :D )

Thanks for your Opinion. I enjoyed it to read your concerns and think about it.

My regards
Peter