[TYPO3-doc] Better TSRef

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 12:02:12 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula wrote:
> In fact I got this kind of answer also in English group.
> When I looked menu items, they don't have
> if and they don't have select.
> The only possibility is to create 'userdefined' for
> HMENU -

This is true also of the Object TEXT amongst others.

  30 = TEXT
  30.text = NEW!
  30.offset = 10,10
  30.if {
    value.data = date: U
    isLessThan.field = newUntil
    negate = 1
  }

So this assumes that certain Properties are available to most other Objects.
I think if all possible properties were put under all possible Objects then
TSREF would have a lot of duplication and be more confusing.

I agree more advanced examples are necessary to help people become aware
hence my suggestion for a TypoScript by Example Part 2.

However, 'if' is explained in TSREF under the description of Functions at
Chapter 5. Here the main stdWrap Properties table does not actually mention
that these items are available to be used as standard Properties of most
other Objects. Perhaps it should. Some of the Objects refer to stdWrap but
not all. GMENU being one. However the parent of GMENU ie HMENU is also
elusive in TSREF to describing its Properties.

Matthew