[TYPO3-doc] [TYPO3-dev] v4.0 Docs was Announcing TYPO3 4.0.1

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Aug 31 09:57:40 CEST 2006

Hello Matthew,

I made a Norwegian newbie manual 1 1/2 month ago. Mostly the same approach
as you, but with Templavoila. And also I start even more from the scratch
with installation.

> Regards all!
>
> I am drafting this document anyway and would like to use a current
> document template.
>
> The most recent documentation produced on typo3.org and for extensions
> still has the old logo and fonts.
>
> As this document is squarely aimed at newbies to TYPO3 v4 I would like
> to use the latest guidelines.
>
> I have no problem with the logo but the fonts are more difficult.
>
> Old documents primarily used Arial Narrow in various styles and the
> new TYPO3 font is Share.
>
> I have tried using Share but it looks rubbish.

Agree. Use the docs in Subversion as templates. I have one change, used Courier
New instead of Cumberland on code.

I'm not finished yet, I'm going to write a part two who includes configuring
BE-users, configuring HTMLArea, Content, Access restricted pages and so on.

I'm planning to translate it, but the days are to short. But if you are interested
I could make a short overview of the content. Both whats written, and whats
planned in part two.

Something I feel is important when making a newbie manual. When showing the
TS code, try to explain what different part of the TS code does. And also
make references to important documentation. An important part of a newbie
manual, is also to direct them in a gentle way to the real important documentation,
TSref, MTB, FTB and so on.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no