[Typo3-doc] Wiki status report

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Tue May 3 18:48:18 CEST 2005

Hi list!
I almost forgot to inform you about what I have done on the
wiki, but here it is:

1) The Glossary is ready for use! JoH helped me with a second
read-through and Alex made the patches for the Typo3 core(?).
And finally Kasper have updated the extension, so the Glossary
should be ready for use. (Don´t ask me where to find it - I
don´t know.)

2) I have changed the Main page (again) and protected it. Mostly
from spam, but also from everyone to change it. If you want a
change - ask here!

3) I have also made som cleaning on the wiki. Orphaned pages
have got links to them, pages about (nearly) the same thing has
been merged, pages have got links from "section pages" (=Main
Page subpages), some pages with lkittle or no info has been
deleted (no *real* info is lost!) and things like that.

4) I have restructured most of the About documentation pages
(the todo lists are still in progress).

5) I have started to organise the use of Categories. I have used
them to make the Documentation matrix
(http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix).

6) I have made templates for pages in each section, so that it
is easy to make a page belong to a section. So a page *should*
always have a section template, like {{Head-Editor}}, and *can*
have one or more additional category, like [[Category:Beginner]].

7) Daniel Brüßler has started to make german categories, a
language selector and we are also discussing principles for
translations.

My next step is to descibe how to use templates and categories.
And to write down some suggestions for guidelines (doc, wiki and
docTeam) and what we should do with the Typo3 documentation in
the future. But now the summer is near, so this will probably be
low priority for some month...  :-)

/Peter Kindstrom