[Typo3-doc] Wiki Spam!

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon Mar 28 01:02:48 CEST 2005

Hey,

> One solution would be to set "index" meta tag to "noindex,nofollow". This
> will make spamming useless but prevent Wiki from being indexed by
> robots...

If it's all robots spamming, a solution may be to include an image with a
code to be typed before the post is saved. This is used many other places
and with good success.

Also IP blocking on multiple post within a certain time, maybe combined with
the number URL's included in the posts. Like, if someone post one post with
no URL's within, the block barrier is not increased, the number of URL's
posted in all posts within a certain time by a certain IP, should block the
potential spammer for a period of time. Got it? ;)

The image version seems in my mind though, to be a good solution that should
prevent most of it.

This may not be to be implemented on the current wiki (I have no idea of the
possibilities of changing the sourcecode) but it could maybe go on the
todolist for the TimTaw.

Regards,

Lars Houmark