[Typo3-doc] Glossary: Explanation of the word "shortcut"

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Sun Apr 10 18:12:30 CEST 2005

Peter Kindström <peter.kindstrom at abc.se> writes:

> Hi list,
> I am checking the Glossary before releasing it. And then I came
> across this explanation of the word "shortcut":
>
> ---------
> Shortcut is a link from one subpage to a higher level in the
> page tree. This is used to make it possible that the subpage,
> from which the link starts, will be shown as soon as a user
> browses to the page which is linked. In addition to this the
> subpage will appear as a menu entry.
> ---------
>
> Is this true, couldn´t it also be a link from a higher lever to
> a lower? Or between pages at the same level?
>
> Could anyone either confirm that this explanation is correct, or
> help me by writing a more correct explanation?

You're right, this explanation is totally nonsense (sorry, but it is),
and it's also hard to understand. If this is the level, I'm not sure
what the glossary is worth.

It is just like a shortcut on your desktop, Or a symlink on your unix
box. A way for a page to be accesible from more than one place.

--
- julle