[Typo3-doc] Glossary quality check

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Apr 7 20:24:39 CEST 2005

Hi!
>> Where is this list of words? Why not on a wiki page?
>
> If you're fast you can check the letter R. Or you start at the bottom.
> Best is to ask Peter directly.

The list was not ready until this afternoon! But now I have gone
through all the glossary explanations (puuh) and made some
changes and syntax checking.

And I also made a todo list in two parts: One with things that
*have to be fixed* before release and one with things that
should be fixed. As soon as I can reach wiki.typo3.org (is it
down?) I will upload the latest Glossary version and the todo's
on the Discussion page...
(And no, I have not looked into New suggested words yet...)

I'll be gone for two days now (I can read this list and mail,
but not browse web pages.), so I hope all todos are marked as
done when I come back...  :-)  ;-)

I put the todo list here too:

=== Things that '''has''' to be done ===
* Check the links within these explanations:
** admin panel
** class
** context sensitive help
** edit icon
** List module
* At the "extension", "global" and "installed extensions"
explanations, check the directories for the different types of
extensions
* Should it be "doctype" or "doktype"?
* Shorter explanation for "ImageMagick"
* Better/correct explanations of the following words:
** integration
** license
** plugin
** resources
** shortcut (probably wrong?)

=== Should be done before release ===
* Rephrase the explanation of "content element"
* Check and maybe correct explanations for:
** core
** edit panel
** direct mail
** hard code
** hosting
** information hierarchy
** pagecontent
** page TSconfig
** permission
* Shorter explanation of "normal state"
* Syncronize the explanations of "paste...", "copy" and "clipboard"
* Can you set a time in "start time"?
* Are "Static template" a part of the packages nowadays?
* Put together "type number" and "typenum"

/Peter Kindström

PS. If I don´t reach the wiki today, maybe some kind person can
copy the Glossary and Discussion page from my personal Typo3
wiki: "http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Glossary"?