[Typo3-doc] Future Main_Page

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Sep 25 15:53:41 CEST 2004

> Are you ready to work with this new presentation or you have any comment
> about that page and the layout ?
>
> What about the structure suggested ?

Maybe this post is of no use, because it will give an opinion
but no suggestions for alternatives...  :-)

I think the new layout hide the most important things - the
documents! Instead there are DocTeam, News, community, videos,
faq, examples and so on. Right or wrong? You decide!

I see no use for a news column. Not so much happens on the wiki
and it would be better to write news in the NG/ML to get some
publicity...

I do not think we should encourage different languages on the
wiki. We have enought problem getting people to write at all. We
should encourage people to write _new_ stuff instead of
translating already existing information...

--------

I think that we start in the wrong end. The DocTEAM first should
have a goal and roadmap, then produce some documents and _then_
restructure the wiki.

What we need is a project leader, DocTeam goals and a list of
official Typo3 documents that the community needs. Then the list
and goals should be discussed with Kasper to get an ok from him.

The next step would be to start putting together a DocTeam that
is well suited to fulfill the goals - and find writers willing
to write all(?) those documents in the list.

THEN, when we know what to do, who should look after it and who
will do the work, we should see to all those other things like
typo3.org documentation pages, wiki structure, wiki look and so on.

Today it looks like people just write what _they_ want, and that
is ok. But who writes the documents that the _community_ wants?

But of course, this is only my 2 cents!

--

/Peter Kindström