[Typo3-doc] Finish Installation Basics?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Oct 28 19:36:24 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I would like to get the TYPO3 Installation Basics document
finished. The things to be done are (in short):
  - Finish writing it
  - Some restructuring (I myself messed it up a little :-( )
  - Proofreading
  - Take over responsibility from Kasper(?)
  - Make a SXW version for typo3.org (or...?)
  - Decide what to do with all different versions on typo3.org
  - Update (or delete?) documents on typo3.org

I think we should have three "parts" of installation documentation
  1. Installation Basics (with appendixes)
  2. Upgrade Basics
  3. Advanced Installation

1 and 2 are basically the same as on the wiki. 3 is about all
the special things, like troubleshooting, tips and trix,
installation variations and so on.

These three documents should form some sort of "official" Typo3
Installation manuals and the DocTeam should (in the future) be
*responsible* for keeping them up to date.

All other installation documents should be considered "optional"
and it is up to the author if they are updated and/or correct.
(Of course important information in these documents should be
copied into the "official" documents.)

----

Before I do anything, I would like to here what you all think!

Especially I would like to here from Michael Stucki (about
leading this task/project and the goals), Jean-Marie and Coby
Pachmayr (because you two have great ideas)!

So, please respond! I miss those animated debates we used to
have. It is too quiet nowadays...  :-)

(Oh, and YES, I expect to do most of the work myself...  ;-) )

--

/Peter Kindström