[Typo3-doc] strange links on... = wiki spamming

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Tue Oct 19 21:45:44 CEST 2004

Hi,

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> Guys, we need a solution here. I vote for requiring a login.
> I can speak from own experience that I would not have corrected as many
> spelling mistakes on http://wikipedia.org if it would have required a
> login. I just want to throw that point in for consideration, I also see
> the problem of wiki spam. How often has it happened yet?

Not needed, I've looked for a solution and Sebastian has setup the
$wgSpamRegex parameter of the wiki. The content of spam will not be
accepted any more. Don't hesitate to report spam, and we will keep this
wiki clean. You can also remove it manually, by editing the page.

We already have discussed about login requirement, and the answer is
still no. Ingmar said it right, we must protect us from spam, not from
contributor. :-)
--
Regards,
Sylvain -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.