[Typo3-doc] [Translation]

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 26 20:21:21 CET 2004

> Problem of law in Germany:
>
> It really baffles me that Germany would pass a law like that. And I
> thought Switzerland is crazy about questionable laws. I'm still
> inclined
> to doubt that in case of TYPO3 that that specific law would be put
> into practice, but I have to take JoH's word for it.

Only available in German:
http://www.jurpc.de/rechtspr/19990209.htm
http://www.drkoenig.de/kanzlei/publik/aufs35.htm

> What sense does it make to be forced to translate documents that most
> people would perfectly understand (as stated before) in english?
>
> I don't have an answer to that one.

Well - it's similar to the "accessability" hype.
If someone is not able to see (or "blind" as we used to say before the times
of political correctness) this one is partly disabled (or not completely
enabled).
If someone is not able to understand English this one is too.
So if you are forced to produce accessible content to make sure you are not
discriminating blind people, you are forced to hand over a well written
German documentation to make sure you are not discriminating some IT-workers
that don't understand English. (And you would be surprised how many of them
we have in Germany after the last wave of "reeducating the unemployed" ...)

And AFAIK this kind of legal practice is even worse in France!

Joey