[Typo3-doc] [Translation]

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Nov 26 19:12:00 CET 2004

Hi JoH,
>>You are right, why not. But I prefer a doc written in very bad english,
>>even bullet points, than in french, as I coun't read anything from that.
>
> Well - I didn't say you won't get your English doc. But you will get two
> docs: One in perfect French _and_ a very good translation of it.

How many writers will do that in reality? And how many stops
after writing the native documentation?

Please, we have to be realistic here. We don´t have many writers
writing at all, so the DocTeam have to "use" those resources in
the best way possible.
Not diverge them on manuals that big parts of the Typo3
community can not read...

Your ideas are good if we had unlimited resources. But right now
we haven´t...  :-(

> But this doesn't change the fact that I believe only native (or
> professional) writers should do the job.

I strongly disagree. So far I haven´t had any trouble with the
language when reading much of the Typo3 documentation.
And I think most documents are written by a dannish guy... ;-)

> Since you all love this Wiki thingie: who sets up a list where contributors
> can inform us about their language skills??

No need to, we should concentrate on english manuals right now!

--

/Peter Kindström