[Typo3-doc] HOWTO sign into mailinglist without getting hundreds of emails

Franz Kratochvil typo3 at kratochvil.com
Mon Nov 22 22:54:23 CET 2004

Sylvain Viart wrote:

Hello Sylvain,

> Yes but where will you write your document ?

at the time being: locally. ;-)

> Personally, I write directly in the Wiki to collect all information and
> link.

Sure. You are the Wiki-man.

> After I reformat and compose phrases. Sometime I place it directly at a
> good place in the wiki at the beginning.
> Mainly because the Wiki is better to collect item than a ML.

That might be the best for most cases. In the case of the ML/NG
tutorial, it makes more sense to have a completed, revised document to
go online. After all, it's a tutorial, and not just a collection of
information about a topic.

> What topic would you like to cover ?

The purpose of this document is to make it easy for people to contribute
on the ML and /especially/ the Newsgroups. It would be fine if more
people made the "switch" to Newsgroups, but a lot of people don't know
anything about using newsgroups, a newsserver and a newsreader. So a
introducing document about this is needed. I'm writing it, and Michael
Stucki is watching me (metaphorically speaking). ;-)

> - HOWTO sign into mailinglist without getting hundreds of emails

Erm. In some way, this will be made clear (in showing the advantage of
the newsgroups).

> - using mailman on lists.netfielders.de
> - using TYPO3 ML and NG
> - communicating about TYPO3