[Typo3-doc] Documentation collaboration tool: Wiki, SXW, MS Word, other

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Mon Nov 22 10:12:21 CET 2004

Hi all,

This thread has become unreadable for me:
>  TYPO3 documentation file format (was: Re: [Typo3-doc] [german] Ich
>  habe angefangen mit dem Wiki zu testen)
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-documentation/2004-November/001065.html

This is the reply about tools/process for writing documentation.

About the documentation writing process:
There's no good written rules for the moment about which is the process,
since the wiki as come.

But, the main document related to doc writing is:
TYPO3.org - manual for developers
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_typo3org/

You also have the Wiki, which is a kind of /freeway/ writing tools. You
write your article and the DocTEAM will place and format it for you. In
theory. ;-)

Now we try to make document/article template, wiki structure to
facilitate your contribution.

If you don't have neither Wiki access nor OpenOffice writer, write your
document with the tool you have, (notepad, vim, emacs, word, latex,
sheet of paper + pencil + fax, etc.) !  ;-)

Then send your document to the DocTEAM, we will incorporate the document
for you. Of course, this process could introduce a lot of extra word for
the DocTEAM. But it's needed for now to have a solution. Here it is. :-)

If you want to publish your document yourself, you *must* use the
defined tools (ex: SXW file, Wiki).

In any other case, ask us for help.

Now, I would like to have some volunteer to collect other information
about the writing process and to start a Wiki page about it. I will help
you in the collect. So we would have a written answer for this topic.

Some one ?
--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.