[Typo3-doc] Re: EXT tt_news, manual import int the Wiki ? Extenstion Tips / testing

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Sun Nov 21 07:12:25 CET 2004

Hi,

I don't know where you've got your ML/NG «posting license» guys, but
you've lost it here !

You've lost me with the endless, off/cross topic thread:

> Re: [Typo3-doc] [german] Ich habe angefangen mit dem Wiki zu testen

> Rupert Germann wrote:
>> I started to copy the tt_news manual to the wiki here:
>> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_tt_news
>>
>> but then I read about sylvains sxw->wiki conversion tool (I didn't try it
>> out yet) and stopped editing the tt_news wiki-page, to wait till I have a
>> more complete manual which can be conversed in one part and then published
>> to the wiki.

If you need any import of manual available on typo3.org, into the wiki,
please mail me or in the NG explicitly, I will do it. :-)

I've a powerful set of vim macro which to that typo3.org HTML --> Wiki.
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/User:Sylvain#Vim_Sciprt

See: http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TemplaVoila/FTB1
For an example.

>> now I consider most parts of the offical tt_news 2.0 manual as (fairly *g*)
>> complete, so this could be transferred to the wiki.

Yes, you can, and in fact I think, you *should*.

I'm testing a new way about using/testing extension. I'm currently doing
some test and write the result in the Wiki. It may not be the final
structure in the wiki, but don't bother with that, the DocTEAM will.

You can have an example here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Overview_Extension_manuals#Testing_extension

>> the t3-newsgroups are full of useful but hard-to-find tt_news related
>> hint/tricks/howtos -> they should be collected somewhere in the wiki on a
>> seperate page.

Want to collect stuff about tt_news ?

The good page could be:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/EXT/tt_news/testing

or may be...
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/EXT/tt_news/tips

>> another big point is the section "tutorial" from the manual where I announce
>> a tt_news tutorial as an extra extension.
>> a couple of months ago I started writing on this but I decided to focus on
>> tt_news itself and the official manual.
>> the current state of this can be found here:
>> http://web4.lehmano.de/fileadmin/tt_news_tut/tt_news_tut1.sxw

Could you explain a little more, please.
What should we do ?

>> for faster coordination of our work it would be better to contact me by PM
>> (my german is much better than my english and possibly yours too)

Not mine (German). ;-)
Your english, is just what we need progress together of on that topic.
--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM leader.