[Typo3-doc] HOWTO sign into mailinglist without getting hundreds of emails

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Nov 19 17:52:46 CET 2004

Hello Franz,

> I want to know how I can sign in for a Typo3 mailinglist just for being
> allowed to write posts in the mailing archives. However I do not want to
> get any email from the list.

Open http://lists.netfielders.de/ and select one of the lists.
Then scroll down to the end of that page, enter your email address and click
"Unsubscribe or edit options".

You will need your mailing list password. If you can't remember, there's a
possibility to receive it by email.

At the options page, you can now disable the mail delivery which is exactly
what you are looking for...

> If anyone can point me this out I will add this to the wiki afterwards.

Well, what I'd like more is to have a complete manual for mailing
list/newsserver access.
There are so many users who don't know what a newsserver is, why it is
better than mailing lists.
Many don't know about the threading problems with Outlook, etc.
And finally, there many people (~10 per day) who try to post via typo3.org
but are not subscribed.

I would be very happy to have such a tutorial. I can offer my help for doing
review and giving some hints.

In the end, this page should be available on typo3.org just like normal
content (doesn't need to be an OOo file).

If anybody is willing to do that, please contact me since I have some
initial work that was already done...

Cheers, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html