[Typo3-doc] Glossary status 9 Nov 2004

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Nov 13 11:38:06 CET 2004

Hi Rainer,
:
> no, not the explanations, but the 2 terms should appear. in my eyes, this is
> true for every TYPO3 related abbreviation (like TLO, FE, BE and so on). this
> terms should be found when browsing the alphabetical list (this is like
> flipping the pages of a printed glossary and should be kept as a feature!!!)

So then we *do* agree!
The way you describe it is the same way I want to have it, but
right now it makes my work harder...

Right now my goal is to collect explanations. And I agree that
'''when this is finished''' we should arrange them in the most
user fiendly way for visitors. But right now redundancy makes my
collecting work much harder.

Isn´t it ok for you if I want to make my work as easy as
possibly *for a limited amount of time*? And when collecting is
finished (well att least 90%) make something better for the users?

After all, this is work in progress and it is not hard to
complete the glossary afterwards either. Maybe we could even do
it automatically from the glossary extension/database...?

> one more thing that is annoying: the incoherent way small and capital
> letters are used within the glossary. maybe this should be fixed as well.

If you want to change it, it´s ok for me. Not first priority for
me right now, but could also be done automatically from the
glossary extension/database later on.

> and a last thing: as i amended in the preface of the glossary: no additional
> content apart from terms should go into it. i didn't dare to delete the
> little howto section, which is appended to one of the terms - but it
> shouldn't be there.

Agree. Should be moved to a FAQ or HowTo section. Who does that?

--

/Peter Kindström