[Typo3-doc] DocTEAM leader vote OPEN

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Nov 12 16:26:24 CET 2004

Hi Sylvain & rest of the DocTeam,

I decided to not vote and I'd like to tell you why:

To me it looks like the project seems to focus on inexisting problems.
Frankly speaking, it doesn't differ wether you or Peter are doing this job.
A leader should respect the comments of the team and not try to override
their ideas with a big veto.

You as the leader should simply be the responsible man who can be asked and
who can exchange information between the TYPO3 "management" and the DocTeam.

Since you did start the voting, one has to make a decision for either you or
Peter. One makes the race and will feel happy, but what if the unpolled will
(probably) feel unconfident and decide to leave the group? Who wins then?
I think nobody!

Small projects like yours (yes, I believe it's still a small project) should
handle things easier than you do now.

If you have an idea and if you want to realize it, then go ahead. Some
people will argue that it's a bad idea and that they have "sooo much better
suggestion" but unfortunately, they will not help after their shout - an
unfortunate but well-known story.

It's easy to take part in such a discussion like this, but it's much harder
to actually do it! (as it has been proven so often already - just read the
user lists and imagine how feature-rich the TYPO3 project would be if all
of these great ideas would ever have started...)

Conclusion:
If you want to have some feedback first, then ask for comments, vote for
ideas (Wiki this way or Wiki that way) but do not vote for people!

My vote: First come, first serve. Close the voting and continue acting as
the team leader (...what you're obviously doing already - it's fine!)

Regards, michael

--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html