[Typo3-doc] Wiki good/bad discussion

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Nov 10 05:15:56 CET 2004

Hi docTeam

I don't think it is necessary to go into that whole discussion about
Wiki good/bad again.

We had that discussion in great length before around the beginning of
August 2004 and I'm sure we covered most arguments for and against Wiki.

So instead of starting another discussion about Wiki again, just
download the the news and read.

------------------------------

About the lost content argument.

No content should be lost in the Wiki since there is a history function
and you can always go back and reinitiate that content.

About the professional tool.

Although LateX, OpenOffice etc. are nice tools to write articles and
books etc. there are not fit to work in a team (or at least not
accessible). Thats what the Wiki for.

I agree that it would be even better if we had a framework withing TYPO3
that would allow us to

1) Work as team
2) Write the documentation where it belongs.

I thought TYPO3 3.7 introduced that possiblity with the new menu "manual".