[Typo3-doc] IMPORTANT: new DocTEAM leader discussion / vote

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Mon Nov 8 12:58:26 CET 2004

Hi Ingmar,
>> I want to offer myself as a candidate for the DocTeam
>> leadership! It´s in the last minute, but I wasn´t interested at
>> first. Now I have changed my mind, because I have two main
>> things I want to do as a DocTeam leader:
>>
>> 1. Typo3 official documentation
>> [...]
>>
>> 2. Documentation structure
>> [...]
>
> I see your points, find them convincing, but I think you don't
> necessarily have to be the team leader in order to realize them.

Maybe I was not clear enought. I think the whole DocTeam and
contributors also have to work in a slightly different way to
get better Typo3 documentation - more teamwork.

Today everyone makes his/her own document the way he/she want
it. And then the DocTeam (=Sylvain, right now) try to put it
into the wiki structure. IMHO this is not teamwork...?

We have to encourage people to work together on *one*
installation manual, *one* Getting started manual and so on. If
we can achieve that, I think we get an official Typo3
documentation "automagically". Because they depend on each other!

And I think this IMHO important change in how the DocTeam and
contributors work can only be done if the team leader puts
his/her effort in it. And that´s why I offer myself as a candidate!

"Working *together* for enterprise class TYPO3 documentation."

> As far as I have seen Sylvain has been more active lately and has proven
> that he's capable of really getting things done. That's why he gets my
> vote.

Absolutely true, I have been busy planning (and trying out) the
"Official Typo3 documentation" concept on my own wiki (since I
don´t think it is wise to mix that concept with the old one).
And I tend to have more time for Typo3 in the winter.

Secondly, I don´t work much on the Typo3 wiki anymore, because I
don´t understand the structure. I simple can´t find the pages I
know is there! And that is why I want to work with "2.
Documentation structure"...

And thirdly, I tried to start working with the Glossary and
Installation manual. But since other people have started the
work I want to have thier approval before I add/change to much.
I never got any answers, so I have not done anything (yet)...
(Hmmm, an example of non-existing teamwork???)

--

/Peter Kindström