[Typo3-doc] IMPORTANT: new DocTEAM leader discussion / vote

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sun Nov 7 18:43:14 CET 2004

Hi all,
and sorry for the late answer...  :-(

> Who will be the next TYPO3 DocTEAM leader ?
>
>> Giving us a full week, I propose the 7 November 2004 as the deadline
>> about this decision. Then we have to decide who will become our new
>> DocTEAM leader.

I want to offer myself as a candidate for the DocTeam
leadership! It´s in the last minute, but I wasn´t interested at
first. Now I have changed my mind, because I have two main
things I want to do as a DocTeam leader:

1. Typo3 official documentation
I have this idea that we should have some sort of official Typo3
documentation! This should be *the core* of all Typo3
documentation and should contain information on how to do common
things in Typo3. Compare with the discussions about "official
extensions"...
I have a beta version of a document describing this more in
detail, that I can publish if you like?

2. Documentation structure
I would like to work on a documentation structure that has the
official Typo3 documentation as its base. It should be something
like my formerly suggested structure:
   http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/

...but with some additional links (and the news?) taken from
Typo3 wiki.

-----
The reason I suggest these things is mainly:

I think people looking for information have *too many places* to
go to and *too many documents* to read before they find what
they need.

A solution to that problem would be to have "a core" of official
documentation that address about 70-80% of the information a
Typo3 newbie needs. In that way we can keep the new Typo3 users
in the community long enought to "teach" then how to find the
rest of the information on thier their own.

All this work can be done! I even think it is necessary to do it
before we all drown in documentation!
It is great that Typo3 have a lot of documentation, we should
not change that, but we have to find a way to make it easier for
users to find what they are looking for. And I think official
Typo3 documantation is the way to go!

--

/Peter Kindström