[Typo3-doc] ref Table formating discussion

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Nov 4 21:27:42 CET 2004

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/realurl/Configuration-87/#oodoc_part_6590

> I fell this presentation very bad and time consuming.
>
> Does someone share my felling ?
>
> Do you have seen any other content presentation structure which could
> help on such reference content ? (my be in book)

Well - it won't be less time consuming (since most fo the time will be used
for understanding the content and not for reading it) - but it was a
"redesigned TSref" I had in mind when I mentioned the use of
www.typo3solutions.com (don't klick on it - it's  just an empty domain)

It could be very simple to enhance TSref readability and usability by just
filling in one additional menu level.

Today we have kind of a sitemap designed with two levels (if you look
clooser you will notice it's just one).
Each link leads to a page containing a table with all the related
TS-specifications.

If we used another level we could have a page for each item of these tables
containing three boxes:
1. Name and type with links to related items
2. Description with links to related items
3. Working examples with links to examplepages. Well - yes - I'm the owner
of www.examplepages.com too ... ;-)
4. Properly designed examplepages with backlinks to _all_ related items.

The menu leading to the pages could still be a table with name, type and a
_much_ shorter description taken from the "abstract" field of the page type
"advanced".
This way TSref could be more like the famous SELFHTML which is very easy to
handle and to understand.
We don't need a special extension for this job, since it could be done with
standard pages, content and menu elements together with a well formatted
CSS-file.

I am offering the server, the domain(s) and part of the admin and/or
editorial work with two limitations (or call it "requests"):
1. Please don't even think about turning this thing into something that
looks, works or even smells like a WIKI! <shudder>
2. Quit talking and start chalking - means: please reduce the amount of
discussing to the necessary minimum until real content is somewhat finished.

What are you able and/or willing to offer?

Joey