[Typo3-documentation] Document progress

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Tue Jun 29 18:57:08 CEST 2004

>> Therefor I still think we should stay with three main status, which
>> everyone _must_ use:
>>   === Existing/finished documents ===
>>   === Documents in progress ===
>>   === Document to discuss ===
>

> I agree with that with the bigger documents but what about the smaller
> ones where such a structure is not necessary?

I dont follow you...?
If a document is so small that it is already finished when you
publish it, then you just put it under the Existing/finished
header right away.

> Just don't rely on the === Existing/finished documents === too much.
> They are ok for now where the documents at typo3.org are the more recent
> and stable once.
>
> If wiki works we will have quite a different structure and many more
> documents that are not compatible with what we have on typo3.org now..
> Therefor the === Existing/finished documents === will be more an
> addition or become completely obsolete.

What we now discuss is depending on how we use the wiki and
there I think we have slightly different opinions?

I still see the wiki as a project place where the document only
exists when documents are updated or produced for the first time.

Or maybe it is used like the glossary; once in a while you take
a snapshot of the wiki and make that snapshot the official
release. And the official release for me is still the document
published on typo3.org.

I realise that your structure in Typo3 Installation Basic is
hard to translate into SXW, so in that case the wiki is better.
But the down side of the wiki is that version control/locking is
difficult since everyone can change a wiki page...

But this is no problem. IMHO these states are enought for the
work that is currently going on at the wiki. But maybe
(probably?) that will change in the future?

If so, then we change it!
(As long as I am active in this team I probably cant keep my
hands off the structure and states... :-) )

What do YOU think? Should we use three main states and a few
substates as a start? Or?

/Peter Kindström