[Typo3-documentation] Document progress

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Mon Jun 28 21:40:48 CEST 2004

> Therefor I still think we should stay with three main status, which
> everyone _must_ use:
>   === Existing/finished documents ===
>   === Documents in progress ===
>   === Document to discuss ===

I agree with that with the bigger documents but what about the smaller
ones where such a structure is not necessary?

>  - published 01 aug 2004
>
> (I dont like the 01-08-2004 since I never seem to remember which is the
> date and which is the month... ;-) )

OK.

> I dont think we need that, if it is under the === Existing/finished
> documents === header/status. Then it is either a SXW document which
> everyone _know_ is stable, or it is in a wiki page where you _never_ can
> be 100% sure that noone has changed even if it says "stable"...?

Just don't rely on the === Existing/finished documents === too much.
They are ok for now where the documents at typo3.org are the more recent
and stable once.

If wiki works we will have quite a different structure and many more
documents that are not compatible with what we have on typo3.org now..
Therefor the === Existing/finished documents === will be more an
addition or become completely obsolete.

It is still not clear how wiki trasnlates into SXW. I don't think it's
that easy looking at the structure of TYPO3 Installation Basics. It
would be good if we could run a test conversion pretty soon to get an
idea about how it works. Maybe we even have to change the writing (or
structuring) style.

Jean-Marie