[Typo3-documentation] New wiki structure

Peter Kindström peter289 at telia.com
Thu Jun 24 19:41:52 CEST 2004

> ALARM is ringing !
>
> We should work as team, as our name suggest it. ;-)
> That means that people must be kept informed of our work. I mean DocTEAM
> members.

Yes, this is important! But I think with this ML/NG and the wiki
we have all the conditions necessary to get it working in the
future.

> Plus, we also need to keep track of all collaborative work.
> wiki.typo3.org and docteam.typo3.org are the good places to document our
> internal progress.

Here I agree with Patrick (and Jean-Marie?). We dont need the
DocTEAM server. I think we should use the typo3.org
Documentation section for static information, wiki for projects
and the mailing list for discussions.

>> For example :
>>  Wiki -> SWX -> docteam.typo3.org -> proofreader -> typo3.org

IMHO "Wiki -> many proofreaders -> SXW -> typo3.org" is better...
And I also hope that the wiki would let us have many writers for
one single document...

>> We should be able to promote the Wiki at greater scale next Monday...
>>
> Should enduser, be invited to see work in progress ?

Yes I think so. We write for the community and should listen to
what they want. Of course we have to be clear that we want
suggestions, ideas and help and that we are not a support group.

And I also think that if we are "visible" in the community,
there is a bigger chance that other writers see us and join.

A third benefit would be that we show "non-developers" that
there are some work in progress for them too!
I think this one is important, because today typo3.org is a
developer community (IMHO). And when I read some responses in
the ML I think we sometimes scare newbies away from Typo3...

I have plans for writing some sort of news article about the
"new" DocTEAM, wiki and ML/NG. And I was hoping that it should
be published on the typo3.org first page...

What do you think about that?

/Peter Kindström