[Typo3-documentation] Let's get started

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Tue Jun 22 05:42:56 CEST 2004

"Michael Stucki" <mundaun at gmx.ch>:

> The "3" is part of the name, it's not the version. Although the current
> version is 3.6.1, TYPO3 would still be TYPO3 even with version 4.3.1. The
> correct name for this would then be "TYPO3 4.3.1".

Just by accident (I swear!) I found something funny:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010511092025/www.typo3.com/index.php/FAQ/731/1/

At the end of this 26/03/2001 page from typo3.com you can read:

--------------------------
" Why is it called Typo?

"3" is the version-code. Version 2.5 was very different than version 3.
There are no reasons for a version 4 in a while. If a version 4 is suddently
available it will be due to some major changes in the technical design.
"Typo" referes to this: "I made a typo..." which means that I hit a wrong
button on the keyboard resulting in a misspaelling of a word. I guess I
chose it after hitting Delete and confirming the deletion of a whole week of
programming. Stupid was I ;-) "

The writer is someone called Kasper...

Is Kasper a revisionist ?   ; )

Ok, Time to go to sleep, Europe is awakening...

Patrick