[Typo3-documentation] Wiki or SXW

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Sat Jun 19 06:56:19 CEST 2004

Once the overall document structure is accepted and settled we should
make sure that writin documentations in Wiki is appreciated and meets
the need of the community.

Things to consider:

1. Everything available right now is in SXW
2. We do have to deliver the SXW format at some point since there are
people who want to download a manual and print it out. Also, we need a
transition time where compatibility is important.

NEXT TASK

Next task seems to me to have a Wiki->SXW converter to find out how good
the Wiki structure can translate to SXW document structure and if it
would be sufficient to please the community.

I set up a ToDo entry for that (Sebastian in charge?). Priority 1.

COMPROMISE

We might have to settle for a compromise during a transition period if
some writers prefer to write with Open Office instead of Wiki.

Maybe we can convert SXW to Wiki? What do you think Sebastian?

NOT CLEAR YET

The recent discussion in the dev ML shows me that it is not clear yet if
our efforts are appreciated and actually helping the community. I like
to have an idea if we are on the right track in the eyes of the whole
community or if we just exercise for fun here.

VISION

As Kasper wrote in his e-mail about CSH there is a vision to be followed
and although the Wiki might not be the best solution right now it still
could be goal to focus on.

I am a realist. I will take month and years to get the documentations to
the level where they should be. But like with everything else. It's
worth to start so and end is possible.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Jean-Marie