[Typo3-documentation] Wiki pics/pages naming convention

Peter Kindström peter289 at telia.com
Thu Jun 17 15:49:51 CEST 2004

>> What do you want to connect with the articles? The names have to be
>> unique, this is the "id", as peter already pointed out.
>>
>> What do you want the wiki to handle? I guess we have do do the
>> "prefix-work" ourselves. But this is not too much work I think.
>
> Here is the question. Is it possible to have two articles in wiki that
> are named the same way? E.g.
>
> 1. Installation
> 1.1. Debian
>
> 2. Configuration
> 2.1. Debian
 >
 > How is wiki handling that?

All depends on how YOU name new links!
If you name the first one [[Debian]] then this name is
taken! The next Debian must be named something like
[[Debian2]] or like.

Dont have to be a problem, because you can use a sapare
unique name and title, like [[ConfDeb2|Debian]] where the
ConfDeb2 is the unique name and Debian is what to user sees.

> Pictures of manual tend to change once in a while. They are not static.
> Good manuals are maintained as upgrades are available. So pictures might
> need to be changed.

I have not looked very much on this, but my impression was
that if you upload a new picture with the same name as an
old one - the old one gets replaced!  (I read this on the
Upload page...)

And thats what you want, right?