[Typo3-documentation] Comments on june 15th version of the OTOC

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Wed Jun 16 22:06:05 CEST 2004

OTOC stand for Overall Table Of Content (we all like acronyms so much...)

I know I can go in the wiki and edit there but wanted to share some basic
things before I press "commit changes"  ; )

1-Server / Browser compatibility chart
Should go in installation section IMHO.

2- Configuration
The text below helps a bit but for me Templates & Navigation should own his
section.
Security could be part of installation?
Should Configuration just hold Security,Users&Groups management, Sysadmin
guide ?

3-Configuration basics
What goes there ?

4-Advanced Installation
Needed ? Why not part of Troubleshooting at the end of Installation basics ?

5- User Tutorials
What is a "user" ?
Maybe the Getting Started should go in Installation ?
MTB1-2&3 and FTB should go in Templates & Navigation (if we agree on that
one)

6- User Documentation -> End user & Editor
Then the sysadmin goes back to Configuration.

7- Developer Doc should go before dev tutorials

8- User reference is not needed if I can find somewhere to put the
Glossary...
Maybe the Glossary IS a section of it's own. Anyway, you should know that it
will (Kasper's wishe) end on typo3.org in the database somewhere and will be
linked from Context Sensitive Help (CSH). The wiki Glossary is to
build/improve it from the list Dan Frost will provide shortly.

Enough right now...

What do you think ?

Patrick