[Typo3-documentation] Wiki structure

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Jun 16 00:06:35 CEST 2004

>> I guess for a user it will be easiest if we could keep one clean TOC
>> for all manuals (wouldn't that be easier for linking too?).
>>
>> Peter started one with the overall structure.
>
> But then my "Overall document structure" should have been the wikis
> first page! ;-)

Absolutely right.

> Because the "ExtDevGuide (XDG)" should be a document in the category
> "1.7 Developer Documentation" of the overall structure...

Yep.

> And dont forget that we probably will have other things then just
> manuals on the wiki. We maybe want to discuss documentation templates,
> writing conventions, info about the doc team, discussions about the
> typo3.org webpages and so on.

Yep. I'm thinking of Troubleshooting, HOW-TO, FAQ etc.

> Hmmm, maybe we _should_ have the above structure as the TOC of the first
> wiki page? And add a few headers like:
>
>  1.11 About the Documentation
>  Information about the Doc team, projects, web pages, how to
>  contribute and things like that.
>
>  1.0 Documentation Rules & Strategy
>  How to write documentations, rules, templates, tips and
>  trix for writing. Also something about why we write
>  documentation in a certain way.

Check.

> But first, I like to hear what the "old" doc team thinks about my idea

Me too (hence topic 'Who is the team'). I'd like to honor their work and
find out who is still willing to contribute.

@Patrick

Do you know who is still working on the documentations. Could you invite
those people to the mailing list?

> of an new structure. We should use the same structure in the wiki as in
> the typo3.org documentation library, I think.
> If not, then the wiki structure doesn´t matter.

Also. If we set up the complete structure on wiki we should put in the
links to existing documentations as long they are not updated or rewritten.

Also, it would be easier to base some work on an existing manual and
just add a few articles to it.

Jean-Marie