[Typo3-documentation] Previous message #1 (was: Fwd: Help with Installation documentation?)

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Jun 13 20:57:49 CEST 2004

Subject: Help with Installation documentation?
Date: Samstag, 12. Juni 2004 16.47
From: "Peter Kindström" <peter.kindstrom at abc.se>
To: mundaun at gmx.ch

Hi Michael !
I may be interested in helping a little with TYPO3
documentation... I really dont know in which team documentation
projects my skills and ideas are best used, but this is what I
think about the Installation documentation project:

I would like to help with structuring and "unifying" the
installation documentation a bit. Now there are five different
installation guides. These should be restructured so that there
are two main documents:
 * TYPO3 Installation Basics
 * TYPO3 Upgrade Basics

and then there could be additional guides for special
installations
 * TYPO3 Installation on Gentoo Linux	7
 * TYPO3 Installation on Mac OS X	5
 * TYPO3 Installation on Mandrake Linux

And with this as a start I like to try getting configuration
information out of the install/upgrade documentation and form a
new line of configuration documentation, like:
 * TYPO3 Configuration Basics
 * TYPO3 PHP Configuration
 * TYPO3 Basic Templates
 * TYPO3 Advanced Templates
 * TYPO3 TypoScript By Example

I like to get a discussion about this idea and out of that
discussion I like to deside if membership in the project is
interesting or not (for me and the project). Of course I will
get involved in other things than the above mentioned if I
decide to join a project!

Hälsningar
Peter Kindström  <peter.kindstrom at abc.se>