[Typo3-documentation] New item up for vote on Document Team Meeting page

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Sat Jul 31 17:55:18 CEST 2004

> What's the item that we vote for? The process of voting or what?
>
> You guys lost me.

Yes.. Peter suggested that one of the first questions was "Should we use
this method?"  So I actually decided to use his question as a way to
demonstrate how it could work (which can be modified by anyone else who has
any suggestions).

I think it "looks" more confusing that it actually is... because I had to
put a lot of descriptive text in to explain the idea.  But under the

So under the heading "Agenda Items to Decide This Week" there are two blocks
which show basic formating (to demonstrate concept)... then below is an
actual item (Peter's question) as an actual example.  But though it is an
example... we can (if desired) "try" this process of voting... by voting on
whether or not to use this process.

It's kind of a recursive thing.

I put all of the "instructions" (proposed) through out the process.  In
other words, if you read through the Team Meeting Page, you will find the
Agenda Items to Vote on and descriptions about that page and examples.

If you click on the link "Should we use this method?" it will take you to
page where you will see more information on voting for (or against) this
item.

Again, it's really harder to explain than use... but if you keep an open
mind... and try it I think you will see it accomplishes the following:

1.) It is an easy way to use the Wiki to discuss items to be decided

2.) The structure will be very easy for others to catch-up / review all past
items that have been discussed in a quick and logical manner; because the
very process "becomes" the document ... yet the document is separated from
the discussion (like separating style from content)

3.) It is democratic... but.... it also has a way to not just decide... but
to follow up on what needs to be done.

4.) Because it is democratic... even the very process itself can be
modified... by using the process. (just like voting to change a country's
constitution)

If nobody likes it... then they won't use it.... and will essentially have
"voted" through non-action.  After all it's just a suggestion... I'm just
trying to resolve the problems of lots of conversation in the NG's without
any easy way to "summarize" what has already been discussed, to clearly
vote, then implement as well.  I'm open to anything that will help
accomplish this.

In fact... my 4 points above... will now be posted on the Discussion page
for the question to be voted on... check it out! :-)