[Typo3-documentation] wiki main page - best practice sections

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Fri Jul 30 07:11:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

Rene Suthoelder wrote:
> i just wanted to ask whether it makes sense to add "Best Practice" sections
> on the wiki main page?

Yes, it's really interesting to have some experience related and
discussed into the Wiki, it's a kind of HOWTO, in my opinion.

I posted the way starting a new page in the Wiki.
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-documentation/2004-July/000446.html

But I not satisfied by the way you suggest to spread the «best practice»
around the main page topic. Start collecting «best practice» on a new
page, then we will link it to the right place. :-)

> i was about to add this to the wiki main page but then i stopped because i
> think this has somehow to be decided by the main editors.

Yes, you could try to add it to the main page, but it will reversed to
more stable content soon enough. ;-)

In fact, the main page is trying to help us to find the good structure
for the content. The Wiki is our main tool to work on new and old
documentation, and on the overall documentation structure as well.

The best practice ;-) , to start using the wiki, is to register an
account, start a new page with your idea, and link it to your personal
page, then share it with us here.

Of course you need to accept that your work could be modified by other. :-)

I'm agree with Jean-Marie about the idea to collect FAQ from the main
english NG.

Personally, I'm already jammed in the Documentation ML, ;-) I've no time
for the english NG. :-P
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.