[Typo3-documentation] Don't know how this will go over...

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Tue Jul 27 21:19:57 CEST 2004

Hi Coby

Thank you for your post. I'm trying to sum up what I understood from
your post.

Your are expressing pretty much the problem that we try to solve in the
docTeam. The Wiki is very new and not up to it's fullest potential yet
since it lacks from enough content.

With the Wiki we do have everything we need to satisfy the need of
newbies and others. That is, we have the tools... We have ML/NG,
documentation section at typo3.org with OOs and PDFs and the Wiki. The
questions we should be asking is how we could use those tools more
efficiently or how do we write so everyone is satisfied and gets
something out of it.

We had a lot of discussions about how to write, how to structure etc.
already in this NG. A lot of your suggestions have been addressed and we
are coming up with a solution at some point, that I'm pretty confident.

The problems that we try to solve (in a nutshell):

1. Structure
2. Readability
3. Maintenance
4. Accessbility

We can solve those problems with the Wiki, a solution for download and
offline printing (not necessarly OOo/PDF at typo3.org) and the ML/NG.
Adding a chatroom might help but I think we help more by focussing on
the documentations for right now.

The beauty about the Wiki is, you don't have to suggest and hope that
anyone will take your suggestions and change something, you can do it
right away. So, if you have a clear picture in mind, how you want to
have a certain documentation, just write it. Check with Peter where to
put it (since he takes care about the structure) and post here if you
have any other questions.

Jean-Marie

PS: I know there is more to write but I'm blank right now. So forgive me.