[Typo3-documentation] Wiki: Links to documentation on Typo3.org

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Sun Jul 25 06:51:40 CEST 2004

> First, we can't (and I don't want to) deny all documentation already made !

Yes, of course, why fix something that is not broken.

> The main complain about TYPO3 doc is that it's  too scattered. Then it's
> "Wiki to the rescue!".
>
> A recent exemple I crossed yesterday while reading Inside TYPO3 is that
> there's a full chapter (chapter 3.9) on security buried into that document
> and to me 3.9.2 belongs to the installation process of TYPO3!

I'm already on it. I realized a while ago that not only it is an issue
that leads to a lot of questions in ML/NG but also can end up in
security wholes if somebody doesn't know apache too well, e.g. when I
read "I chmod my dummy directory with 777 and now it works" I get the
creeps.

My goals depending on that issue are:

1. Find out what files and directory need which permissions
2. Apply minimum permission concept
3. Check it with safe_mode
4. How to solve problem with upload directory and ftp access for developers.
5. Come up with a neat and clear step-by-step.

Furthermore I'm planning a security article where we should keep all the
security information which will have to be approved and extended by the
community's securtiy experts.

Jean-Marie