[Typo3-documentation] New frontpage needed ?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Jul 21 15:42:42 CEST 2004

> Those pages are overview pages of the documentation of those systems.
>
> However, IMHO something like that belongs to
> http://typo3.org/documentation/ instead of the front page of the wiki.

I agree on that!
I think that the wiki TOC is good enought for now - a strict way
of structuring _all_ Typo3 documentation.
I agree that it is best suited for writers at the moment - not
for readers! But that is intentional, right now the wiki is
mostly the place for creating new documentation and therefor
made for writers.

When we have more finished documentation, the wiki structure
probably can be changed to something more made for readers.

I the mean time, I think we need some sort of "guides to
documentation", and here we could use the idea Johannes came up
with:

How to use this Wiki
    Getting Information
    Adding Information

The big Typo3 picture
    How Typo3 works
    Who can use typo3
    What is needed to run Typo3

The basics for users
    Getting Help
    Installing Typo3
    Setting up a basic Webpage
    Installing and configuring a Plugin

For advanced users
    Create your own Extension
    Frontend Functions
    Backend Functions
    Typoscript Reference

General
    Typo3 coding Guidelines
    Features missing
    Upcoming features
    Donate
    Philosophy

Those guides should be put on the typo3.org documentation pages
and there maybe should be guides for Beginners, Administrators,
Developers etc.

Right now I see typo3.org doc pages aiming at readers and wiki
aiming at writers. Let time and experience see if/when this have
to be changed...

--

/Peter Kindström, DocTEAM