[Typo3-documentation] wiki2PDF already working there...

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Wed Jul 21 12:52:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-07-21, Jean-Marie Schweizer <jms at marktauftritte.ch> wrote:
> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> another nice one I just saw:
>>  http://wiki.auf-trag.de/
>> aka
>>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wikipdf/
>
> Well, that's even better. I personally rather have PDF than OO documents.

Well. No. It depends.

I don't like PDF for online reading, and I alsmost never print out
documentation from the net - as it is subject to change too fast.

So I read almost all documentation on TYPO3 using a web browser. For
this purpose the way the OOo documents are tied into the extension
repository (you have the intro chapter in the detail view, links to
the manual, the overview page showing existing sections and
translations, ...) is *marvellous*!

So for me it absolutely makes sense to export to OOo (after all you
can create a PDF with a single click from there) - the converter
mentioned above might be quick interim solution or base for further
work.

Of course it might be nice to be able to tie the wiki directly to
this, but I doubt this is easier or more stable. Plus, the wiki isn't
too practical if you're not online. Then writing in Ooo is sometimes
better.

Does this mean we need Ooo -> wiki conversion as well? Uh-oh...

Karsten