[Typo3-documentation] Extension Documentation

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Tue Jul 20 23:15:54 CEST 2004

> (1) http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/tt_news
> (2) http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/tx_ttnews
> (3) http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/ext/tx_ttnews

Wait a minute!
I think the idea is good, but don't we just fill the wiki with
links to almost emtpy pages?Will peolpe really start writing
documentation just because we give them access to a wiki page?
Dont we risk giving lazy programmers an excuse: "don't complain
about no manual - write it yourself on the wiki !"

My ideal is that every manual/page on the wiki should have a "
main editor". The reason is that we then can have some control
over progress and content. And we know that someone is
interesting in getting it done (or at least start it).

If we "automake" 30-40 pages without anyone "careing" about
them we risk ending up with 30-40 nearly empty pages with low
quality content.
I think the wiki should be used for easy editing/adding of
content, but I think it would be good if people have to think a
little before adding a new wiki page! We dont want the wiki to
be a scribble board...

Instead I think we should use this idea more selective. When
someone has started a wiki page for an extension, _then_ we add
a link to in from the TER. Then we know that someone cares
about the extension manual and not just adds an empty page.

--

About the file name, isn't the pages filename also the name
viewed as the header of the page? Would we like to have a page

--

/Peter Kindström, DocTEAM