[Typo3-documentation] Wiki->SXW - How far are we?

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Sun Jul 18 16:54:02 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 16:12, Peter Kindström wrote:
> I think Robert is talking about exporting pages from a
> _TYPO3_driven_ site... I dont think the solution is usable for
> the wiki without some adaption?

It would be neccessary to create a small parser class for reading the
wiki XML (I suppose it exports XML, right?). Then you could use all the
features of the Documents Suite [1] including writing Open Office Writer
files.

> I dont think we are depending that much on this Wiki <-> SXW
> conversion. It would be great, yes, but not crucial.
>
> The biggest and most important work it to write something,
> somewhere. Compared to the actual writing, converting text to
> other media is a small effort, I think.
>
> If we write well structured documents and dont use any special
> formatting (can't be done in the wiki anyway!) I dont think it
> will be a big problem converting the information when the day
> comes...
>
> (One way could be, making a nice looking print page and then
> just print to PDF and upload on typo3.org.)

I agree. I bet that, as soon as we have some valuable input, some
people, including me, will find a way to export it to whatever media we
need.
--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And I dare to say, I’m doing just fine without ;)"