[Typo3-documentation] General rules for TYPO3 docs

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Jul 7 12:15:10 CEST 2004

>> ...but IMHO we are way to detailed if we have the ambition to teach
>> people how to use a text editor.
>> And there risk being so many links and "tidbits" that the user gets
>> lost during the installation?
>

> It's not about the text editor. This was just an example. But what about
> Chown/Chmod, the different ways you can configure through php.ini,
> .httpd, httpd.conf, cgi etc.?

Sorry, I did not get that in the first place...  :-(

Ok, you got a point. This is something near my thoughts about an
Advanced Installation manual... but this is subpages instead of
a separate manual. All those subpages together make the Advanced
Installation manual?

Why not put all these details in one (or a few) separate page
and refer to different sections from the main installation manual?
(My www connection is down right now, so I cant check if this is
just what you have done...)

We could even treat it like a separate Typo3 Advanced
Installation manual. The reasons for a separate manual is:
  - On the wiki it is integrated, so it does no matter if it is
a separate manual
  - People can start printing the Installation Basic and only if
they are in trouble they have to print the Advanced Installation.
- You get a better first document overview (in the TOC/on
typo3.org) if you have a separate document.

What do you think? Two (or more) separate documents smartly
integrated on the wiki, but possible to print as separate
documents. Hmmm, maybe difficult to do?

/Peter Kindström