[Typo3-documentation] Links to mailing list

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Jul 2 19:30:28 CEST 2004

 >> Why do you have put the dev mailing list, here ?

It is ok for me too take it away.
I put it there because I dont see the wiki as a DocTEAM only web
place. It could be really useful for groups of developers
working together with an extension. (See
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_calendar )

To use CVS is good for programmers, but using the wiki
instead/also means that other people (not familiar with CVS -
like me) can see what is going on and maybe give a helping hand!

 > The dev list defently doesn't belong there. We don't want
 > everybody to start talkting about Wiki at the dev list.

No, but IMHO it is important to let people in the dev and
english lists know what we are doing. Then we probably get some
good ideas/facts and maybe even find people willing to help us!

On the other hand they already know, as you Jean-Marie asks
question in the dev list. I think that is great, we show other
people that things are happening with the documentation.

 > IMHO the purpose of the documentation list is to dicuss
 > documentation issues among the docTeam members and for
 > the developers to join in for suggestions and support.

To discuss documentation issues, I agree. But we should not se
this list as _our_ discussion list - it must be open (and
friendly) for everyone in the community!

And I really hope we can keep those "intolerant replays" (that I
sometimes see in other Typo3 MLs) away from this list!

/Peter Kindström