[Typo3-doc] hebrew documentation

Zorik Pavlenko zorik at zorik.net
Fri Dec 17 02:22:29 CET 2004

I resend this post because it looks like admin has deleted it.

> programming behind it, is pretty heavy. We, at the DocTEAM, are working

> on the TYPO3 documentation redesing on the Wiki.

let me see if i get you right - wiki will not be used to provide manuals,

but will serve a development platform for manuals, which will be provided on

typo3.org???

>> Notes, like "here we have to put this" and "there we have to put

>> that" makes anyone lose his way - I forgot why I came to wiki after 2

>> clicks :)

> Oh yes, we know that. We are currently working on the Wiki structure.

> Do you want to join us ?

maybe. first i have to understand what you're doing.

are you creating information framework for existing and future

documentation?

or documentation itself?

or ready to use informational structure? by who?

or coding for the framework?

> Next you will, write the code to fetch Documentation on a remote Wiki and

> display it on a TYPO3 web site.

> Could be a really nice tools in fact, and be part of the DocTEAM staging

> document system !

> I would love to see it. :-)

> If you could offer some support, I may find some developer to help on this

> task. Not sure... But I could try. :-)

thanks. before 'doing' comes 'planning' - how do you plan stuff - how do you

collaborate?

>> What I have ready in hand is a full Direct Mailing manual for user. It is

>> completely different from the english one and little customized too, this

>> is why I did not publish it on typo3.org.

> As I mentioned above, you may have trouble with the multibyte support.

the main bottleneck is not the multibyte support, but that manuals has to be

identical, or at least similar, to english ones. dont you think so? it would

make chunking information and its management much easier

> Is the TYPO3 community in Hebrew large ?

no. it isnt. i have some end users, who need documentation, made 1 install

for external company, that's, basically, it. but i'm working on extending

the community. i try :)