[Typo3-doc] question about the glossary

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Wed Dec 8 08:34:51 CET 2004

Hi,

Mark Ravitz wrote:
>  > I agree with you! But we still have this problem with "transferring" the
>  > wiki information into the glossary extension/database.
>  >
>  > Right now I do it by hand and it works when there are not so many
>  > changes or new words written. [...]
>  > I don't want to do that by hand, and right now we have no transfer
> tool...
>
> There is a fair possibility that this problem is solvable.  Is the wiki
> running on a TYPO3 system?

Nope, it's a standalone MediaWiki installation.
currently 1.3.2

> Can you get the address and password in order to log in as Admin?

We have all wiki right, and in fact we are going to upgrade it to a
newer version soon.

> Unfortunately the TSref is never going to get rewritten, it's too big
> a job and I doubt if the people with the knowledge to do it see the
> need for it.   It's newbies who need the rewrite, not experienced
> developers.

In fact, I think that the TSref will soon be introduced in the Wiki and
like the Glossary, will be completed and reordered.

> Here's my solution.
>
> Set up a wikipedia (wiki encyclopedia).

TYPO3 Wiki is already a MediaWiki engine. ;-)

--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.